In terms of military, what we can accomplish in VR is not only displaying scenes but also stimulating combat. Currently the major applications are:
- Get familiar to the features of battle ground by providing visual and aural simulation to trainees.
- Interact with opponents in virtual world to accomplish providing the “immersive” feeling as if in the real world.
- Plan strategies in virtual battle grounds by using scenarios, scenes, equipment and armies which are stored in database.
Advantages of using VR in training
- Avoid injury or fatality
- Ignore the limitation of weather and environment
- Lower cost and requirement of space which reduce the average cost of per play
- Change parameters like scenarios, scenes, numbers and weathers, etc
- Simulate large scaled warfare easily
- Record and replay footage of the training process
- Establish dedicate big data base with different parameters of each training
Walking in large scaled area with multiple players
Small scaled area simulation or target shooting training
Applications of different scenarios
- Target shooting training
- Reaction training to strategic scenarios
- Vehicle or craft driving training
- Machinery maintenance training
- Artillery operating training
- Armaments display
- Simulation of action plans for order restoring from catastrophe